Monday, January 9, 2006

Flylady, I have failed you.

I have been under flylady's regime less than a week and I am already failing. Her first commandment is to always keep a clean, shiny, empty kitchen sink. I have been trying and trying to go to bed with a shiny empty sink (like she says), but it just isn't happening. Flylady obviously doesn't have a nightowl husband who likes to make midnight meals. I washed my supper dishes and dried out my sink per orders, then I turned my back and hubby was baking. I woke up this morning to a counter and sink littered with dishes. I will not tell my family to store their dishes under the sink in a dishpan like she says. That is just asking for trouble--and a mouldy rotten pan of dishes under my sink.

I think the only solution is to stop cooking and not eat at home. Clearly, that is the only way my sink will remain empty.

I do like the "swish and swipe" the bathroom every morning commandment. My bathroom looks great. My bathroom sink is shiny---is that good enough??

No comments: