Monday, January 9, 2006

Flylady, I have failed you.

I have been under flylady's regime less than a week and I am already failing. Her first commandment is to always keep a clean, shiny, empty kitchen sink. I have been trying and trying to go to bed with a shiny empty sink (like she says), but it just isn't happening. Flylady obviously doesn't have a nightowl husband who likes to make midnight meals. I washed my supper dishes and dried out my sink per orders, then I turned my back and hubby was baking. I woke up this morning to a counter and sink littered with dishes. I will not tell my family to store their dishes under the sink in a dishpan like she says. That is just asking for trouble--and a mouldy rotten pan of dishes under my sink.

I think the only solution is to stop cooking and not eat at home. Clearly, that is the only way my sink will remain empty.

I do like the "swish and swipe" the bathroom every morning commandment. My bathroom looks great. My bathroom sink is shiny---is that good enough??

1 comment:

crafty_carolina_mama said...

I found your blog when I was doing a search on other bloggers that mentioned FlyLady in their blogs. I can tell you now that the dishes at our house are also a major deal. Shiny sink my foot. People in my house at all hours of the day and night and the only dishwasher available is biological and not technological. Argh! So anyway... I am trying FlyLady again... Good luck to you, and I am thinking about looking around some more!