Thursday, December 15, 2005

I have such a good boy!!

Yesterday morning Emmett was "helping" Richard get dressed in our bedroom. Emm would not let Richard out of the room until he picked up all of his dirty clothes and drop them in the laundry chute. What a good boy I have!!!

I picked up my new glasses yesterday. I think I like them. I need to get used to them. I spent all yesterday afternoon with poor depth perception and motion sickness. I couldn't even knit yesterday. Today is a little better, but I need to go back to the store for more adjustments to my frame. I got glass lenses this time. I am enjoying the super-crisp vision, but I have to get used to the extra weight. The clerks assure me that I will love glass once I get used to them--they are much more durable and scratch-resistant. (not to mention $200 less than the same prescription in plastic)

Mom and Dad are moving out of their big house in a village to a smaller house in a bigger town. Mom was not so happy about having to move over Christmas, until she had to drive to work yesterday in a snowstorm. She had to be on the road so early that she even beat the snowplows out. I have to get my stuff out of her basement. That means I am really grown up now!! (nope, being married with two kids and a dog and a mortgage does not make you a grownup. Having all of your stuff out of your parent's house makes you a grownup!!!)

Ok, Ok I will wrap and mail my out-of-town Christmas gifts. I don't wanna! I don't wanna! (I still haven't got my tree up) I pulled out my favourite Christmas CD (Christmas Songs, put out by Nettwerk) and danced and sang with Charlotte. I was in a Christmassy mood for a minute or two, but I don't think it stuck.

No comments: