Friday, December 23, 2005

Holiday funk.

Ugh--why does Christmas have to coincide with PMS?? In additon to barely holding onto my sanity for the sake of the children, I have to do Christmassy crap too??? These past few days I have been totally slacking, drugging Emmett with Teletubbies and keeping my house at most, a mess instead of a disaster area. It is almost lunchtime and only Char is out of her PJs. I even used disposable diapers yesterday. There are presents to be wrapped, bread to be baked, laundry to do and instead of being inspired to get working, I just feel more and more overwhelmed. Char is teething, Emm is being a two-year-old, and I want to run away and hide. I feel all fat and gross. Perhaps I should have consumed something better than a pan of sugar cookies and coffee yesterday.

Santa, I want a wife for Christmas, and a spa vacation with just hubby. Is that too much to ask??

Ahhh, Char is napping, Emmett is signing Christmas cards--I can watch Weeds and drink coffee. I guess that will have to do.

No comments: