Friday, February 10, 2006

The trouble with two-year-olds.

My boy is very smart. My boy is very stubborn. My boy has a one-track mind. My boy loves DVDs and video tapes. He likes to carry them around, take them out and put them back in their cases, and watch them over and over. He screams when you mess with his plans and does not stop. This boy can throw a tantrum that will drive a sledgehammer between your eyes. He has no words, but he has volume and pitch.

I have relocated our movie collection once and now need to do it again and I am running out of patience and space. I put them out of his reach and he is now strong enough to carry a diningroom chair over to the high shelf and help himself. I cleaned out my china cabinet drawer to put things in because it is blocked by a playpen. I have no idea what to do with the stuff that was in the drawer.

I think I will be taking a big box out to the dumpster today. It is the sort of day to throw out useless crap. (and about half of the video collection--not hubby's half. Tossing out the Star Trek movie boxed set and the Star Wars movies is grounds for divorce, I think)

I need help! I am losing my mind. Did I mention I also have a baby to look after while I am doing all of this reorganizing? There is only so long she will sit in her exersaucer. Is 11:00 too early for Irish Coffee? Come on, it's cocktail hour somewhere in the world, right?

I am really, really, really looking forward to my night away tomorrow. Really, really really.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh libby does that, and she eats the cardboard from the VHS box. Glad to see this behavior won't change anytime soon!