Sunday, August 17, 2008

You Like Me, You Really Like Me!

Wendy, of Athena Academy has bestowed upon me this fun award. She thinks I am funny. I am very flattered and appreciate the blog-love. I will do my best to pass the love along.

But first, I must work for my award.....
A. attached or single? Attached.

B. best friend? In order of seniority. First: Robin. We have been friends since the fifth grade. She knows everything there is to know about me and she loves me anyway. Next? Richard. He has seen me grow up from the insecure little pinhead University student he first met in the school pub to the mostly grown up woman I am now. We make cute babies together.

C. cake or pie? Pie! Preferably apple with cheese, please.

D. day of choice? Hmmm....well, there is Monday when I get to spend time with my crafty mommy friends, or Thursday when our sainted respite worker comes over so Richard and I can have time together......I can't narrow it down.

E. essential item? My glasses. I am completely helpless without them.

F. favorite color? Today? Green. Bright leafy happy green.

G. gummy bears or worms? Well, if you twisted my arm, I would say gummy bears, but neither are very tempting to me.

H. hometown? A Prairie town in Manitoba.

I. favorite indulgence? Deep fried cheesecake with berry coulis.

J. January or July? January. Under a blanket with my knitting and a big cup of coffee.

K. kids? Yep. Three. Unless I suffer a Critical Birth Control Failure, then who knows???

L. life isn't complete without? Love.

M. marriage date? September 21. We celebrate 6 years of wedded bliss this year.

N. number of brothers & sisters? One younger brother.

O. oranges or apples? Apples

P. phobias? Ladders, snakes, tornadoes, small spaces. Not necessarily in that order. Ask me about the heart attack I had while I steadied a ladder over our open stairwell so Richard could tape the ceiling for painting.

Q. quotes? "Never let fear and common-sense stop you."

R. reasons to smile? The doctors said my boy wouldn't talk. He can now string together a simple sentence. In English.

S. season of choice? Autumn. I love watching the seasons change. To me the new year starts in September.

T. tag seven peeps! Do I have to tag seven? Really? What happens if I don't???

U. unknown fact about me? It wouldn't be unknown if I typed it here, now would it??

V. vegetable? Corn on the cob

W. worst habits? I am a terrible housekeeper.

X. x-ray or ultrasound? Neither one bother me.

Y. your favorite food?Beef. An awesome cheeseburger or a perfectly medium rare steak, or my mom's pot roast. I loves me some cow.

Z. zodiac sign? Sensitive, psychic Pisces. I am a gifted Tarot card reader and I blame my sign. I married an Ares to keep me grounded.

OK, I am tagging:

Tara because she keeps me giggling.

April because she has a big heart and she is so very sweet.

Mommy Jo because her boys are so cute and I love hearing about their adventures

Neo Hippy Housewife because she keeps me from selling my kids on Ebay several times a week.

Nifty Nadine because we have the most stimulating conversations and I am curious to see what her answers would be .

How bout if you want to do the meme just post a link to your blog in my comments. This was fun to do.

6 comments:

NiftyMama said...

You brought me back to blogland!

Tara said...

This is my first meme!

Wendy said...

Darn. I wish I could say I was a gifted tarot card reader.

I agree with you about glasses. Without mine, I am stranded at home; even in the same room all day long.

I shoulda added tornadoes to my list of fears. I've never experienced one, but they scare the crap out of me!

kitten said...

Nice to learn a little more bits and pieces about you.
I don't blame you about R!
I done this meme here while back and enjoyed it.

Unknown said...

Kitten--I would have tagged you if you hadn't already done it!

Wendy--I haven't experienced a twister either, but they have come dangerously close to my community. My stomach turns into knots when see angry clouds in the sky.

Ashlee Rose said...

http://neohippyhousewife.blogspot.com/2008/08/tag-im-it.html

Fun!