Friday, August 1, 2008

Freedom! (Sort of)

Well, I packed some bags, loaded up some kids and drove down the highway to a predetermined rendezvous point. We met Grandpa and Auntie. We ate some fast food. I gave Emmett and Charlotte to Grandpa and Auntie. They are off to have wild adventures for two weeks. I am now the parent of an only child. (For two weeks)

What have I done with my sort-of vacation so far?
  • Made breakfast with minimal screaming and no refereeing of wrestling matches.
  • Cleaned Emmett and Charlotte's room. It has been a full 20 minutes since I put all of the toys away and they are still on the shelves.
  • I downloaded videos of the Wellington International Ukulele Orchestra and geeked out uninterrupted.
What's next?
  • Choosing a paint colour for the living room and dining room. Summer picnic? Topiary green??
  • Choosing a sewing project to work on during nap times.
  • Possibly planning a yard sale.
  • Knitting. (Yes it is August. I can knit. My house is blessedly cool, even without air conditioning)
It is too quiet in here.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Hope you are enjoying your "almost alone time". Every mom deserves some time to herself.

kitten said...

I hear ya! It's too quite when mine arenot here, but do love the peace.
Cool song!
I need a long break, but don't see it anytime soon. Hopefully soon tho!
Take care! & Enjoy while you can!

April said...

Wow I can't imagine the difference it must make without the other two kiddies around. How ya doing?