Saturday, August 16, 2008

What? Still Painting??

Well, the kids will be back in two days. Richard is still painting up a storm. We settled on a colour for the stairwell, (warm taupe) and just because we are crazy we decided to paint Matthew's room too (lime freckle).

Matthew has not been missing his brother and sister at all. Since they have been gone he has decided to practice walking. He isn't there yet, but he will pull himself up to standing on anything he can and will cruise along. His little personality has blossomed and he is really turning into a funny little guy. When we were at the paint store this morning he tried to flirt with a little girl there. He grinned at her, shook my keys at her and made silly faces. All of his best moves. She remained stone-faced. It was funny to see him trying so hard to impress this girl. Her mother and I had a good laugh over it.

Matthew has also started helping us with the chores. He is very concerned about Lucy being well-fed and is frequently heading into the pantry to make sure her dish is full. He also enjoys helping me load and unload the dishwasher. It is never too early to start good habits, I think!
I am really starting to miss Emmett and Charlotte. I bought Emmett's school supplies today and got a little pang in my heart. I had a friend over yesterday and when her two children had a minor skirmish on my living room floor I wasn't annoyed by the noise, it just made me miss my crew a little more.

Two more sleeps.....must keep painting!!

2 comments:

Tara said...

You would think the lone sibling would miss his brothers and sisters. Instead they love and absorb all the attention they get all to themselves. (I love spending time with only one once in a while. They are usually so well behaved and their little personality shines through). When Emmett and Charlotte come home, everything will be back to normal.

Good luck with your painting. Can't wait to see pictures.

Wendy said...

Awww. Well, at least it is all coming together, and there will be little ones back soon enough. Good luck with getting the painting done. I know it is hard work. :-)