Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Boot Camp, Potty Style. Part 2

Well, boot camp is off to a slow start, but we are sticking with it. On the suggestion of Emmett's therapist we have added a new level: the potty treasure bag. Since Emmett's tastes change it was hard to come up with a consistent reward for depositing something in the potty. He didn't seem to make a connection.

We made a trip to the dollar store this afternoon and he helped me pick out some small toys and stickers and odds and ends that I put in a big colourful bag. If he deposits something in the potty he gets to choose a prize. There is a fishing game in there he wants so badly and is right now sitting and signing fish. I have a feeling he is going to sit until bedtime if that is what it takes to get the game.

I actually feel kind of mean right now making him do this since he wants it so badly he is crying, but I have to stick to my guns.

Potty training is not for the faint of heart.

No comments: