Things I have learned by watching network TV for almost a week:
- Having two TVs on in adjoining rooms on different channels really, really bugs me and gives me a headache.
- There is still nothing to watch.
- Ads are getting even crazier, and I am so glad we don't get "children's channels" where the ads are all crappy toys and sugar laden cereal.
- The kids on the children's sitcoms are all snarky and rude and really bad influences. The parents are all doddering fools who have no control over their homes. This really gets on my nerves.
- I miss watching reruns of Friends. (That will soon be remedied with a quick email to Richard!!)
- I saw a shampoo ad that featured a woman breastfeeding. I am still trying to figure out if it sent a positive message about nursing. (the tag was " Pregnancy can make your boobs and hair flat. We can help with one......." They showed a before and after of a lady nursing her baby with messy hair and no makeup and then pretty hair, nice clothes and makeup still nursing her baby.)
- I don't miss having cable and being a slave to a time slot to keep up with my favourite shows.