- The trip to Mom's house went better than I thought it would. No one threw up in the van, despite spitting out the meds I gave. The kids also managed to not freak out until the very end of the trip, coming and going. This is the first time I have not had to go into the back seat to entertain kids one on one. Singing children's songs off-key at the top of my lungs along with a CD helped a lot.
- I am getting tired of sleeping with Charlotte--there was only one night this week she slept alone. I don't rest well with a two-year old kicking me half the night, but the toss up is laying awake in my own bed listening to her scream. I don't know what to do, but all I want is to grab a bit of sleep before the new baby comes and wants me all night too.
- When we got home today I was amazed at how quickly the house went from pretty tidy to absolutely trashed when the kids walked in. 45 minutes. I timed it.
- I was impressed that Richard cleaned while we were gone--the dishes were done, laundry washed and garbage cans were emptied. The Honey Do list was 99% completed!
- How clean is your house? I don't know if it is of coming home to my comfortable mess after being in my mom's sterile home or nesting kicking in, (maybe a combo) but I have this sudden urge to scrub everything in sight. It started innocently enough when I started to throw some dodgy vegetables out of the crisper that had been neglected while we were gone. All of a sudden I had a bucket and a rag and the refrigerator was scrubbed down and science projects in condiment jars were tossed. The crisper is empty and I have two empty shelves in the fridge now. My suitcases have not been unpacked but my fridge is gleaming. Tomorrow's to-do list is getting longer and longer.
Sunday, June 17, 2007
I am home again. I can't seem to form a cohesive post today, but I have some thoughts swirling around in my head that I want to record. Here goes..........