Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Things you think about......

......When you are up in the night willing a storm to pass over your house and leave it unscathed:
  • It's a good thing I did the floors yesterday because whoo boy, am I going to be tired later today!
  • How can Char sleep through this, but can't sleep through any other night?
  • I really need to wash my curtains (noted when sitting by the window makes you sneeze from the dust)
  • I really should get Richard to take the kitchen curtains down in the morning and get started.
  • I need to buy new curtains for our bedroom.
  • I need to go to Value Village and drop off the junk that has been sitting in the front entranceway of the house for a week. (noted when pacing through the house and you see the pile)
  • Even though the satellite images on the weather website say the storm has passed, why am I still up???
  • How can Char sleep when her room sounds like a wind tunnel? (noted when I laid down beside her for a minute to make sure she was ok. She didn't budge.)
  • Seriously. Why is she sleeping so well tonight but not any other night?
  • Why did I let myself listen to the "live from Elie, Manitoba" broadcast on the radio yesterday? I was better off not knowing how bad it got there. (wanna see? check out the video someone took.)
  • I am gonna have to phone mom tomorrow and let her know we are ok.

2 comments:

pollyhyper said...

JC Penney has really great curtains, believe it or not.

Unknown said...

Alas, there is no JC Penny (or Target) in Canada. I have been going to Wal-mart and Zellers for my cheap wall coverings.