Lindsay at Suburban Turmoil made an interesting post on her blog today. She talked about the prevalence of "Bucket Lists" and how much pressure there is to fill them up if you make them. She liked the idea of taking stock of all of the cool things you have done in your life already--less pressure and you get to see how you have grown and take pride in your accomplishments. My list is not as cool as hers, but it is mine and it makes me happy to think about all of the good things I have done.
What is on your list?
1.Gave birth to a beautiful baby in my own home.
2. Gave birth to two other beautiful babies. (In the hospital)
3. Made pizza on a campfire.
4. Canoed through beautiful Canadian Shield wilderness.
5. Mountain biked through Jamaican countryside.
6. Swam with stingrays (for a few seconds!)
7. Had Margaret Atwood critique my writing in high school. (Yes. That Margaret Atwood.)
8. Edited my high school yearbook.
9. Ran a race.
10. Covered bacon in chocolate (delicious!)
11. Marched in a parade in Disneyland.
12. Survived "Jennifer Germs" in elementary school.
13. Taught myself to knit socks.
14. Took care of the family member of a celebrity during my career as a nurse.
15. Taught myself to preserve food by canning.
16. Took over the Tradition of Grandmas's Christmas Pudding.
17. Kept two African Violets alive. (this is huge for me!)
18. Felt the raw power of a full symphony orchestra and choir sing Handel's Messiah
19. Had a story published in a mass-produced book.
20. Helped save a baby's life in the emergency room during my career as a nurse.
21. Shepherded a young boy though the minefield of diagnosis and therapy and learned Sign Language to help him communicate.
22. Mentors young girls through Girl Guides of Canada.