Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Babies!!!!

Babies (click the link to view the preview) came out on DVD recently.  Richard and I watched it last night.

This movie is about four little babies born in four different corners of the world and follows their first year of life.  There is very little dialogue in the movie.  You are left quietly observing the development of these babies in their different cultures, families and surroundings.   The move cuts between each baby as you watch them grow.  You get to see how different cultures raise children.  I was fascinated.  Some of the scenes from Africa and Mongolia may be a little surprising bordering on shocking to modern germ-fearing North American helicopter parents.

It was a very emotional movie for me to watch.  I cried over the births of the babies and my arms literally ached to feel the weight of a sweet-smelling warm little bundle in them again.  I thought I was going to have a milk let down!! The rest of the movie had me laughing and smiling over the little people and their antics.  Is there anything better than those first smiles or the sound of a baby giggle?  The brother and sister in the preview above had me in stitches.  That could be any brother and sister anywhere.  I have seen that exchange in my own house more than once!

If you like babies, check this movie out.  If you are a mother or want to be a mother, be prepared for a bit of an emotional rollercoaster.

Oh, and for the record, I am not receiving any compensation for this movie review.  I just really enjoyed it and I like to share things that I like.

1 comment:

Misty Snider said...

I am watching this with my mom tonight! I can't wait.