Friday, September 14, 2007

Delusions of knitting.

Fall is definitely here. The leaves are changing, there is a real chill in the air in the morning, the sun is setting a bit earlier.

Fall is the time to put away the tank tops and capris and get out the sweaters. Fall is also the time I feel like I need to start a big project. A sweater. Something cozy.

Now, I know I have a big project on the go already. His name is Matthew. He has two accessories named Emmett and Charlotte who also require some extra attention right now. This is not stopping my fingers from itching.

The new Knitty just came out. There is a fantastic sweater in there for a new nursing mom. Flattering ribs and cables, three-quarter length sleeves, cardigan. I want it. I think Charlotte would look adorable in this.

Maybe I will take the edge off by starting this hat. It would make a great Christmas gift for my brother and I could feel some cozy wool between my fingers. Three months is a realistic goal for a hat, isn't it?

1 comment:

April said...

It is a really nice sweater!!