Tuesday, March 29, 2011

One Day at a Time

It has been almost three weeks since I deactivated my Facebook account.  I have two weeks left. My thoughts still come out in the form of status lines sometimes.  I still wonder what the chatter is over there.  I have almost fallen twice, during very stressful times of day.  My friends Laura and Ami talked me down via IM each time.  (Thanks, guys!)

I miss certain things about Facebook--being able to let people know about playgroup, quickly scheduling playdates and catching up.  I am realizing who I really miss and who will probably be cut from my list when I get back.

Not having Facebook has made me much more productive around the house--I have time to clean and bake and be present with the kids.  I read more now.  Panic sets in when something happens and I need a break. (Like right now, when I just discovered Matthew found my brand new lipstick in my room and destroyed it.  I need to deal with it instead of running to the computer to hide--which I am doing right now, with my blog.)

This is so hard to do.

2 comments:

Bassoongrlspam said...

You can do it! I'll start blogging more to keep you company! and we always have OS. :D

tammi said...

Running to hide with/in my computer is what I find I do, too. Not even from crises, just from things I SHOULD be doing, like engaging my girls in something that will actually stimulate their brains and create lasting memories. Or housework! Or having a friend over. Seems you and I suffer from the same sickness.

I have not actually done that well with my Lent "resolution," especially on weekends and now on Spring Break when the girls are home AND awake all day!

I need to repent of my selfishness and my laziness, and CONTINUALLY rely on God's strength to make me a more intentional wife, mother, and friend. Surrendering bad habits is hard, but the lasting rewards so outweigh this temporary struggle!