Sunday, December 21, 2008

It is the most wonderful time of the year.......

....to only have three reliable TV channels in one out-of-the-way room of your house. (and one of them is in French)

There are times that I miss having cable. I like The Food Network and programs on BBC Canada.

This time of year I am very thankful that the kids have minimal exposure to advertising. If we had cable the kids might realize that they are being left out of toy trends that are sweeping the nation and have Mommies and Daddies rushing to eBay to pay extortion prices for them.

Case in point:

The D-Rex. My brother phoned me up and asked me to look around my city for one. His boy wants one for Christmas. There are none to be found in three provinces. A quick check of eBay shows many for sale (In original packaging, gift receipt included) . Bidding starts at $50 above retail price.


In other news...

I have been tagged in a meme by Mama Bear.

The rules: Go to your Pictures folder. Find the fifth picture in the fifth folder and post it.

Here you go:
I am not tagging anyone. If you want to play, just let me know in comments and I will add a link you here.

Happy Solstice, everyone!!!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

That's an absolutely adorable picture, Jen!!!

SabrinaT said...

How cute! I would love to knit anything.. a sock, doesn't matter. I should try and take a class. What a beautiful shawl...