I try to plan menus every week to maximize our grocery spending and minimize food waste. This is the first time I will be participating in Menu Plan Monday hosted over at I'm an Organizing Junkie.
If you are visiting from that site, then Hello! Nice to meet you! I hope you like what you see. If you are a regular visitor over here, then Hello! Nice to see you again!
A few notes about menu planning, Knitwit style:
- Monday's are busy here with dance class dangerously close to dinner time. You will usually find a casserole that I can make at lunchtime or something bubbling in my crock pot on that day. (Um, except for this week, it seems.)
- I usually only plan to cook five meals in a week as we get respite care one evening a week so I don't cook that day. (Well, does reheating chicken nuggets in the oven count as cooking?) I also plan to eat leftovers at least one night a week.
- If you want a recipe that I don't provide a link for, let me know and I can email you.
- Grocery shopping was done on Sunday, so Menu Plan Monday actually started a day early here!
- Emmett and Charlotte visit with my Mother in Law most Fridays so you usually find a meal that the kids normally wouldn't eat on that day.
Sunday: Hot Pizza Dip with pita chips. Baked rice pudding for dessert.
Edited to add--if you try the rice pudding grease your pan very, very well or use a silicone liner. I think I may have to soak my dish overnight to loosen the baked on sugary milk bonded to the sides of it.
Monday: Creamy carrot soup, Tuna Melts, carrot sticks and hummus or ranch dressing to dip.
Tuesday: Crock pot roasted chicken, steamed frozen vegetables.
Wednesday: Chicken salad panini.
Thursday: Respite night.
Friday: Shrimp pomodoro pasta.
Saturday: Lasagna. (I haven't decided if this will be lazy skillet style, crock pot, or traditional.)