Saturday, October 11, 2008

Memememememe

Kidlet's mum wins! What? I don't know. But for those of you who are curious, the title from my previous post is a line from The Simpsons.

It is Thanksgiving weekend in my neck of the woods. My delicious No-Knead bread is minding it's own business on the counter, waiting to be baked and devoured at dinner tomorrow. My brother's hat is looking more hat-shaped, and my grey hair is now a lovely shade of magenta. I don't have much else to report, so I am leaving you with a fun meme. Please feel free to spread it around. If you comment on my blog and take it, let me know and I will be sure to comment at yours.


If you read this, if your eyes are passing over this right now,(even if we don't speak often or ever) please post a comment with a completely made up and fictional memory of you and me.

It can be anything you want - good or bad - but it has to be fake.

When you're finished, post this little paragraph in your blog(if the spirit moves you) and see what your friends come up with.

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Hey, remember the time that you and I stole a bottle of my mom's favorite wine and we drank it under the bridge? We were so twisted that we couldn't find our way home, so we ended up at a restaurant and convinced the waitress to let us use the phone to call my mom. Haha, what was it that we told her anyway?

Imcombobulated said...

Remember that time in grade four when we snuck back into the school during recess? We got into the change room off the gymnasium and played hide and seek in the lockers. You got the arm of your coat pinched in a locker and tore it. Remember how you bawled and swore that your mother would kill you? While you were crying and I was teasing you for being a baby, I spotted that box of matches behind the doorstop. We started playing with them, lighting them and tossing them in the air, counting how many seconds it took before they extinguished. And then one hit the garbage can and the few bits of paper suddenly went up in flames and while we were staring at each other in shock the fire alarms began to ring. I don't know how we managed to get out to the schoolyard and mix in with all the other evacuating children. I just remember being totally out of breath and terrified. The fire department came, but the little fire we had started had burned itself out in the metal bin.

It's amazing that we were never caught? I wonder if anyone ever figured out that it was us?

(By the way, I'll claim fame and glory as my prize for knowing Homer's line.)

kitten said...

AWW man! I thought you and I got in your parents stash of homemade wine.

kitten said...

I have something for you over at my bog.

Unknown said...

I guess my mom had a lot of wine....what does that say about my family?? :-P