Saturday, May 18, 2013

Bread Bombing?

The following story happened not more than an hour ago and I still can't wrap my head around it.

This morning I gathered up my shopping list and re-usable bags and, like I do on many Saturday mornings, set off for my favourite grocery store to stock up for the week.

I pulled into the parking lot in the pouring rain and rushed to collect my bags and my shopping cart and hustled inside before I could get too wet.  In my haste, I forgot to lock my car door.  I remembered at the doorway of the store but decided I didn't want to double back to lock the car.  Chances were very much in my favour that the car would still be there when I got back, and if thieves want the 27 cents in the ash tray, Holiday CDs in the console  and random assortment of candy wrappers and bits of Sunday School crafts scattered around the interior of the car they are welcome to them.

I finished shopping and headed back out to the car to load up.  After loading the trunk and returning my cart I opened my door and found four loaves of bread and a package of bagels sitting on the driver's seat.  Huh???  I looked around.  There was another family getting into their own car one parking spot over, but aside from that, there were no other people around.  Where did the bread come from?  Why do I have it??   What the heck am I supposed to do with it?  Confused, I drove home with it.

There is a discount bread store across the street from the grocery store and that is where this bread came from.  I wonder if someone bought the bread and thought they would toss it in their car on the way into the grocery store to finish their shopping and mistook my car for theirs?  Did Someone spy the rusty minivan I drive and decide I need some charity?  I do feel a bit guilty that I might have someone else's groceries by mistake, but what was I supposed to do?

Well, I guess we're having French Toast for breakfast tomorrow! (And the next day, and the next day and the next day.....)

3 comments:

Jean said...

What an odd story! I would totally imagine 100 different scenarios for this.

tammi said...

Haha, I love it! I get how you'd be a little confused and conflicted though...

Andria Crowjoy said...

While I didn't do it personally, that is totally a crow trick. :D Enjoy!