Disclosure – I am participating in the Seventh Generation program by Mom Central Canada. I received compensation as a thank you for my participation. The opinions on this blog are my own.
Before I had kids, I didn't put a lot of thought into what I cleaned my house with. I usually let my nose lead the way. I didn't go out of my way to choose eco-friendly cleaning products. After I had Emmett and had to learn to deal with his very sensitive skin and asthma symptoms, I started to explore different options to help him feel better. This started with using cloth diapers, as the chemicals in most disposable diapers caused him to have severe rashes. I had to change to unscented laundry products and shampoos and body washes as well. Then, as he learned to move around and explore his world I realized that everything he touched went in to his mouth (That is Rookie Mom 101). I started to look more carefully at what I was putting into our home environment. I started to phase out my usual cleaners for safer options.
This is why I was really excited to have the opportunity to give Seventh Generation Cleaning products a try recently.
Here are the products I tried and my impressions of them:
- All-purpose cleaner: Unscented, non-toxic and biodegradable. De greased the underside of my range hood with very little effort. Shined my stainless steel tea kettle beautifully. (It is a permanent fixture on my stove top so it gets grungy quickly.)
- Natural 2X Concentrated Laundry Liquid: Lavender eucalyptus smells amazing. The detergent is non-toxic, biodegradable and uses plant-derived cleaning agents. Clothes were left very clean, with no lingering perfume odor. Stinky shirts and nighttime "accident" bedding were left clean and fresh.
- Free and Clear Automatic Dishwasher Gel: Unscented, phosphate-free and contains no chemicals containing chlorine. Left dishes very clean. Silverware sparkled.
- Free and Clear Diapers: Hypoallergenic. Chlorine and latex-free.Lasted overnight with no leakage.
- Chlorine-Free Baby Wipes: Dye and fragrance-free. Uses plant-based cleaning agents and contains no chemicals containing chlorine. Soft on the skin, effective for cleaning up my messy boy.
|Believe me when I tell you I tested the laundry detergent very thoroughly!|
If you join the 7th Gen Nation, you’ll have access to coupons, special offers and great tips for green and healthy living. You can find them on Facebook too! Take a break from playing Sims and "Like" them while you are there.
I want to give you chance to win a 100% organic cotton Seventh Gen Eco lunch bag as well as coupons for a FREE package of Seventh Generation Free & Clear Diapers, Free & Clear Baby Wipes and dish washing products so you can try them for yourself. Just leave me a tip for living a more eco-friendly life in the comments.
If you want more entries in my draw, tweet a link this post and or "Like" my blog Facebook, and then come back and let me know you did that.
Give away is open to residents of Canada only, and the contest closes on September 16th.