Thursday, April 14, 2011
It all started with a pair of pants that were too short. Charlotte liked these pants and they fit well everywhere else, so I decided to sew a ruffle to the bottom of the legs to add some length. I went to the fabric store and found the perfect fabric. The print matched some embroidery on the pants and looked great with them. The fabric was gorgeous. I decided that it would be a shame to waste the pattern on a tidbit of trim at the bottom of some pants.
This led me to the pattern books. I found a cute summery baby doll top that would do the trick. (The fabric store loves customers like me!)
dress out of the leftover fabric.
All of this work just to make some pants a bit longer.
It was SO worth it!