Saturday, December 4, 2010

This morning we packed up the kids and took them to the local Giant Indoor Playground for Richard's Office Family Christmas party. The kids had fun running around with the other kids as Richard and I chatted with his co-workers.  Towards the end of the party Santa showed up and handed out gifts to all of the children.

As Matthew sat and played with his new Thomas train a woman walked by.  She looked fondly at Matthew. She told me she had two girls and that she was now expecting a third baby.  She kept looking at Matthew and smiled as she told me she hoped very much she was having a boy.

I smiled warmly at her and offered her my sincere congratulations and best wishes.

As I walked away I chuckled to myself and one thing popped into my head:

Be careful what you wish for.

No comments: