Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Look what I can do!

I have been a hat-making machine lately. I addition to this one (Firefly fans should recognize it), a matching one has been made for the hubby and there is a third hat on needles for the MIL of a different design. Winter is here and I am taking personal responsability for the prevention of frost-bitten ears in my family.

Today is going to be a hard day. Baby Charlotte got her 6-month vaccinations today and we cut the cable. Emmett will be going into withdrawl from his beloved Treehouse channel and Momma wil be suffering Food Network DTs. We wanted to minimize exposure to commercials before the kiddies get old enough to develop the "gimmes". We are not cutting out TV. In fact, we now subscribe to an online DVD rental club so we can still watch TV shows, just no commercials. The rabbit-ears we had laying around the house don't work, so off to the store I go so we can get CBC--the children's programming in the morning allows me to get my chores done!!! In a few days we will be getting our first shipment of DVDs from http://www.zip.ca This is our first foray into the land of online DVD rental, so I hope it is going to work out well for us. I am a big girl, I can live without BBC Canada and the Food network, can't I?? I can do it. I can do it. I can do it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If we can do it, so can you. We are now 13 months, 2 weeks, 4 days without anything better than country cable. Mind you, HGTV comes in perfectly clear... not as cool as Spike until they changed addresses, but much cooler than expected. Have you SEEN Holmes on Homes? Yummy!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was your slightly foggy friend in the west.

Unknown said...

Hi slightly foggy friend!!!!