Friday, November 1, 2013

Whine time.

I usually work short little weekday afternoon shifts at my job.  I try to take the bus as often as possible to reduce wear and tear as well as fuel consumption on my car.  It's easy to catch the bus for my afternoon shifts.  The stop I need is close to my house, the kids are gone and I can take my time getting ready.

Some days I am asked to open the store.  Given our city's bus schedule the stop I need to get to on those mornings is quite a but further from my house (1/2 km away, as opposed to about a block for the later stop).  I have yet to successfully catch a bus at the further stop, but today I was determined.  I got the kids ready.  I got myself ready.  We all walked out the door at the same time. I made it to the bus stop and stood there, in the rain, and watched as a City Transit vehicle drove PAST my stop at the time the schedule said it would pick me up. I waited a few more minutes, walked home, got in my car and made it to work in time to open the store.

I got in my car to go home and decided after my busy day with the extra-stressful morning I wanted some wine this evening.  I stopped at a nearby store on my way home and made my purchase and got back into my car.  My car wouldn't start.  I called auto club.  I waited.  I contemplated opening my wine.  I decided that opening the wine should wait until I know if I am a boost or a tow.

My car got boosted.  I got home.

I'm opening that wine now!

1 comment:

Ami said...

Funny... in the US when someone boosts a car they're stealing it.

Hope you enjoyed the wine and the whine... and that life is going along swimmingly.

You hardly blog anymore, you know.