Energizer Canada and Evergreen are working together on their “Do Something Little, Help Something Big” initiative in which Energizer is proud to contribute $100,000 to Evergreen to make cities more livable.
· For each pledge, Energizer will donate an additional $1 to Evergreen.
· Evergreen is a not-for-profit organization that is committed to making Canadian cities greater and more liveable… creating a more sustainable future for all of us.
It really doesn't take much to make the world a better place. If we all just start with little things in our own backyard, the ripple effect could be tremendous.
I have been to the Energizer website and made the following pledges:
- I will clean up litter in my neighbourhood park. --I am actually taking my Sparks group to help me out with this one!
- I will hang the laundry out to dry (weather permitting). -- I am sad that I am quickly running out of days to hang laundry in my neck of the woods.
- I will plant a native tree in my backyard that is suitable for the ecozone I live in. I actually went out with my Emmett's Cub Scout pack yesterday and helped them plant 500 White Spruce trees (our official provincial tree) in a park very near to our home. You wouldn't believe how little time it takes to get 500 trees in the ground when you have all the boys and girls we had show up all pitching in together to get the job done. That was truly this campaign in vivid action.
- I will tell my kids how much I love them. --Do I need to explain this one?
- I will donate to a local food drive or food bank. --In my city, the local community college goes door-to-door on Hallow e'en night to stock their food bank and I always make sure I have a few cans of food sitting with my trick or treat candy to give to them.
- I will donate clothes I no longer wear to a local charity.--this one benefits my closets and my local landfill!
- I will smile and say a kind word to create more positive energy around me. Try this one in the checkout line in the grocery store where everyone seems to be quite frazzled. Just watch what happens.
|Here is Emmett with a bundle of baby trees ready to go into the ground.|
The things I pledged to do really didn't take a lot of time and none of them cost me any money, but I feel good knowing that I am making the world a little better where I live because of the things I have done.
Click here or click the Energizer button on my sidebar and make your own pledges.
Come back and leave me a comment if you want. I'd love to hear about what you are doing to make your wold a better place.