We bought this car at an insurance auction in the very early Spring, while there was still snow on the ground. I have been waiting a very long time for this vehicle.
It is kind of interesting to buy a car at an auction. You get it completely as is. The previous owners literally walked away from this car and left a lot of stuff behind. Here is what I know about the previous owners of my new-er car:
- They had a pet with a lot of very long white hair who liked to travel.
- They really loved the black tree-shaped air fresheners. (After removing around five of them from the rear view mirror I am now paranoid about what sorts of odors they were covering up and when I will discover them)
- Given the sheer number of ponytail holders found all over the car, they had at least one girl.
- They are missing one pink glove.
- The driver liked Tim Horton's.
- They preferred Crayola crayons.
- Someone had a Nintendo DS, and they are missing their hard-sided case. (Emmett thought that was awesome. Free DS Case with purchase!)
- They liked eating crackers in the backseat.
- and oranges
- and raisins
- Someone smoked, but not very often in the car. The ashtray was a little bit dirty, but there were no telltale stains on the ceiling of the car and no scorch marks anywhere.
- They didn't use the change caddy for money, but preferred to melt candy in it instead.
- A lot of sticky drinks were splashed around. (8 cup holders, ALL sticky)
used their car as an instrument for auditory torturedid not have the same taste in music that we have. (Celine Dion, Nickleback, and Kidz Bop CDs were all left in the car.)
What does your car say about you?