Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas Meme

I'm hiding from sick kids.....you get a meme!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper--it[s more fun for the kids.

2. Real tree or artificial?
Artificial. We used to get real trees until I was forever traumatized by a half-dead tree lot tree that had me finding needles in my baseboards for two years afterward. I have fond child hood memories of finding a real tree every winter with my Dad's friend, the forestry teacher from our high school. (Yes, our high school had a conservation program....didn't yours??)

3. When do you put up the tree?
Whenever the mood strikes us.

4. When do you take the tree down?
After the twelfth day of Christmas. Of course, our tree is on the front porch so we may forget aobut it until Spring.

5. Do you like eggnog?
I like the eggnog lattes at Starbucks--it is too thick and sweet by itself.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Hmmm... that would have to be my Barbie RV. I have been trying to find pictures online because mine was much bigger and cooler than the ones you can get now. My Barbies had lots of fun camping in my back yard in it.

7. Do you have a creche?
Yes. I have a cheapo plastic resin one I will use until my kids get old enough to not destroy the one my mom made in ceramics class many years ago. (Hmmm.... I may never get it!!)

8. Hardest person to buy for?
Hubby. He likes things like RAM and hard drives and lap top hinges.

9. Easiest person to buy for?
The kids.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
A battery charger from my then-boyfriend now-hubbie. He has been briefed on appropriate gifts since then.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards?
I don't send them. I could give you many excueses, but you can use your imagination.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Muppet Christmas Carol


13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
When the mood strikes.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
No.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Grandma's shortbread and lefse at hubby's aunt's annual Christmas dinner.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Coloured, but not flashing.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen as sung by Barenaked Ladies and Sarah MacLachlan

18. Travel for Christmas or stay home?
Stay home. How would Santa find us if we traveled?

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers?
Yep.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning. We open our stockings, have breakfast, and then we do presents.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
The clash of family and church obligations that have me in a state of anxiety until after the Christmas Pagaent.

23. What I love most about Christmas?
Midnight Mass and cookies.

No comments: