Tuesday, October 17, 2006

When size matters.

Our church is having a silent auction next month to raise money. What does one do when one wants to contribute in a knitterly way, but has very little time? Why break out the biggest needles she can, of course!



Look at the size of those suckers! You are looking at a baby blanket being knit with size 19mm needles (number 35 if you are American) and four strands of chunky yarn held together. I knit for one of Char's naps and I am just over 1/4 of the way along.

My gauge is 1-1/2 stitches to the inch!! That's some biggggg knitting!


A little perspective: look how teeny the stitches on my sock look--look at the teeny needles!! Let's see how much farther I can get after bedtime and the Buffy or Battlestar Galactica (I haven't decided yet) starts.

No comments: