Friday, January 28, 2011

Vacation.

I got to have a vacation this past weekend.  It all started with signing up for a training day with other Guide leaders.  The plan was to take the whole family in to the Big City and visit with the inlaws.  But, after having a near-miss on an icy road at home I got spooked and we decided we would be better off leaving the kids under Dad's watchful eye instead of taking them out on the highway in the dark on the Prairies in the dead of winter.

I loaded some music onto the Mp3 player on my new phone,  packed some books and knitting, and hopped on the bus.  It was wonderful.  My inlaws were kind enough to pick me up and take me to my seminar.  I got to hang out with other leaders and learned a lot.  I got to choose what to have for dinner and no one complained (Chinese!).  I got to enjoy a quiet house full of mostly grown ups.  I came back from my seminar energized and refreshed and armed with some great new ideas to bring to my Sparks unit.

This was the first time Richard has been left home alone with all three kids for a weekend.  He did really well.  Everyone's homework got done and they baked a welcome home cake for me when I returned.  What more could I ask? (I am sure he wants to take full credit when my Mom was actually visiting and helped out most of the day on Saturday and even cooked dinner for them--Thanks Mom!)

I need to find some more excuses to get away on my own now!  It is amazing what two days off can do for a Mom.

1 comment:

tammi said...

I keep meaning to try and make little get-aways like that more of a habit, too, but it just never happens!!

Glad you had such a great time and that you came back relaxed and refreshed!